Location: Home ► Accreditation ► Food Safety in Catering – Level 2
Food Safety in Catering – Level 2
The Level 2 Food Safety in Catering is a legal requirement for anyone who comes into contact with food and drink as a result of their work or volunteering activities.
This course is aimed at:
- Employees and volunteers who prepare, handle or store food and drink as part of their work
- Anyone who comes into contact with food or food preparation and storage areas as a result of their work or volunteering
- People who are seeking work in the food and drink industry
People applying for this course do not need any prior experience.
In order to achieve the qualification participants must successfully complete a written multiple choice exam at the end of the session.
Successful completion of the course will lead to the following learning outcomes:
- Awareness of legislation in relation to the food and drink industry
- Correct cooking and storage of food
- Personal Hygiene in relation to the food and drink industry
- An understanding of food contamination and how to avoid it
- Knowledge of maintaining healthy and hygienic premises and cleaning requirements
Food Safety Fast Facts
- Food Safety training is essential for anyone involved in handling food and drink as part of their work or volunteering activity
- The course is Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) approved
- The Level 2 Food Safety in Catering Course is nationally recognised
- The CIEH recommends refreshing your food safety skills every 3 years
- The exam takes place at the end of the session
- CIEH certificates are issued to all successful candidates
- If you have a group of 12 or more, the course can be delivered in your own venue at a discounted rate.
Like the site? Or spotted an error? Please tell us.
Share With Others